No, Mr. President

Saturday, May 23, 2009 Comments

My dad sent this to me and I wanted to share it here. The speaker is theologian John Piper. More about this at HotAir.



Excerpt:

"No, Mr. President. Killing our children is killing our children no matter how many times you say it is a private family matter. You may say it is a private family matter over and over and over and still, they are dead."


So true. Can you imagine someone saying that child abuse is a private family matter? That there should be no laws protecting children from abuse? I often hear people say things like, "Well, of course I believe abortion is wrong and I would never have one, but who am I to tell someone else who doesn't believe that that they can't have an abortion?"

Again, insert "child abuse" and you will see just how absurd such a position is.

"Of course I believe child abuse is wrong and I would never hurt my child, but who am I to tell someone else who doesn't believe that that they can't abuse their children?"

Utterly absurd, no? And yet isn't killing one's own child the most extreme form of child abuse?